[PCWorks] For those of you with websites: free website monitoring service w/15-minute (and 1 min) check intervals

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 06:41:12 -0500

For those of you that have websites, you may be interested in
this free website monitoring service that has 15-minute check
intervals.  15-minute checks is good because most other free
places are 30 minutes at best, many only check every 1 hour.
http://basicstate.com/

They will also check every ONE minute once a failure is
detected.  This on the FAQ page:

"MONITORING FREQUENCY

Individual sites are tested at 15 minute intervals.
Public interest e-commerce sites are tested at 5 minute
intervals.
If a failure is detected, the monitoring frequency is set to
every minute until the failure is resolved."

I chatted a bit with the owner and he seems like a really
friendly guy that answered my emails in minutes.  Nice to
see that sort of thing.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner