[PCWorks] Computer unable to boot (continued)

  • From: Virginia Da Costa <vdacosta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:10:25 +0100

Following my previous posting, here is some further information:

My system: MB ASUS P5KPL/1600 ACPI BIOS Revision 0506
CPU Intel  Core (TM)2 Duo CPU E7500@xxxx GHz
NVidia GEForce VGA Driver
4 GB Memory
SATA1 - IDE Hard Disk
SATA2 - ATAPI CD Rom

Tried booting with CD Rom original XP disk, but nothing works! Tried
restore, repair, update and new configuration, but computer always
reboots again and again (I know this is often the case, but here there
is an error screen). After disabling restart, I managed to read the
error screen which states the following:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
any damage to your computer.
The problem seems to be caused by the following file: nv4_mini.sys

DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart
your computer. If this screen appears again, follows these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software
manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If
you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your
computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select
Safe Mode.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x000000CE (0xB6EC61D0,0x00000008,0xB6EC61D0,0x00000000
nv4_mini.sys

This same error screen always appears, no matter what I do. I have tried
Safe Mode, Safe Mode with command prompt, plus all the different
options. Because setup has already started and been interrupted, it does
not allow safe mode.

I seem to have no further options -- not even to format the HD, as I
can't get to a command prompt.
HELP!!

Virginia