-=PCTechTalk=- unsubscribe

  • From: "charles meehan" <meehan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:31:00 0 (GMT)

On Fri, 21 June 2002, "David J. Weaver" wrote

> that tag line....ROFLMAO!  It really is good having
you back.

> David Weaver
>
> You and I are told we must choose between a left or
right, but I suggest
> there is no such thing as a left or right. There is
only an up or down. Up
> to man's age-old dream the maximum of individual
freedom consistent with
> order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism.
Regardless of their
> sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who
would sacrifice freedom for
> security have embarked on this downward path.
Plutarch warned, 'The real
> destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who
spreads among them
> bounties, donations and benefits'.
>  - Ronald  Reagan

geekette
> Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 12:16 PM
> To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Geekette -- Mozilla
>

> Hi David
> I really like the browser.  I didn't install the mail
client, so I can't
> answer your question today at least.  I may go back
and install it just to
> get the feel of it.
> I agree that the side bar is far superior to IE's.
>     This feature is a huge boost to production:
>      Web standards reference sidebars
>     Sidebars containing references to the standards
>     for almost every web technology you can think of,
>     from CSS to XSLT, including HTML 4.01,
>      XHTML, and DOM 2. These small sidebars
>      keep the specs at your fingertips, enabling you
>     to look up the syntax for or status of any element
>     in a second.
> I have tons of reading to do to really learn all the
ins and outs of this
> browser, but I know I am going to enjoy my "summer
reading project."

> My most urgent task right now is IRL, not URL ,as
Linda puts it.  I am
> moderating a discussion of Agatha Christie's The
Murder of Roger Ackroyd at
> our local library's mystery book club and I have a
TBR pile of reference
> books sitting here on my desk.
>
> I really recommend that everyone interested in
standards compliance take a
> look at this release of Mozilla!
>
> open source movement: "Information wants to be free."
> ellie: "What? I thought information wanted to grow
and be a ballerina."

Now a question about
> the mail program.  Is it possible to put in a
signature?  I can't seem to
> find it anywhere.
>
> I think the one thing that impressed me was that once
I started using it
> both Norton's and Outpost both had settings for the
program.  Granted
> Mozilla is the basis for Netscape, but it is nice to
see that these two
> programs treat it as it's own entity.
>
> I like the sidebar and the fact that it can be made
to disappear/reappear at
> while and that you can choose your own default search
engine quite easily.
> IE and Netscape could stand to learn a think or two
from Mozilla.  And both
> are gather dust.  I've been using Opera, but I like
Mozilla better.  And if
> I want real quick and dirty browsing I use K-Meleon
(spelling?).

> Having fun playing with the Dragon.
>
> David Weaver
>
> Communists, preach the supremacy of the state and
predict its eventual
> domination of all peoples on Earth, they are the
focus of evil in the modern
> world...
>  - Ronald  Reagan
>

> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
> pctechtalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> with the word 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
> pctechtalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> with the word 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

> To set yourself to Digest only, send an email to:
> pctechtalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> with the words 'set digest' in the subject field
>
> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
> pctechtalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> with the word 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname@xxxxxxx) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.