-=PCTechTalk=- spybot - client man

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:03:39 -0400

Last night, my daughter called me to come in here. She kept getting a box
popping up saying 'shit' can't connect. I checked and it wasn't listed in our
pop up killer list as anything being opened.
So - I ran spybot search and destroy. It found 'client man' I removed it - with
several runs of spybot, one being on start up. I checked my spywareblaster, and
it had been corrupted, so I needed to uninstall it, and re-install it. I tried
to get information on client man - got some - I found out that it automatically
sets zone alarm to allow. sure enough, it in zone alarm, with permission !

so now - I am assuming it is off of my system. Running a find files, only finds
them in spybot. SHOULD I remove the entry for it in zone alarm? or should I
leave it there but set to not allow? I know - some of you prefer other programs,
but this is the one I've had on here for years, and I've never had a problem,
and I understand it - pretty much!! <smile>

and - with all of this, I found no reference to a pop up labeled 'shit'. altho
it was an awful co-incidence if it isn't it. Client man was dated yesterday as
coming onto my system. I haven't opened my daughter's screen name yet to be sure
she no longer has this pop up.

CrisS