-=PCTechTalk=- "runsearch" invasion!!

  • From: Drummer <drummers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 12:41:31 -0400

Hi all...

Got invaded by a program called "runsearch.com" I don't understand why these
idiots do this stuff; don't they realize all of the ill will they create for
themselves by setting up this invasive crap? I consider it as insulting an
offense as a virus, and will never, ever use their garbage!!

Anyway, this $%*&^ runsearch.com has inserted itself as my only IE search
engine available in the Explorer Bar... And it also replaced my IE home page
with itself.

I was able to restore the IE (5.0) "Use as current" home page to what I
originally had by resetting it in the appropriate Internet Tools box, so at
least IE again opens to where I want it to. But the "Use default" home page
box has runsearch.com in it now, and I cannot seem to get rid of it there?

So:
1] I have runsearch.com as my IE "Default home page". How do I get rid of
it?

2] runsearch.com has become the only search engine in the IE Explorer Bar
settings. How do I get rid of it?

3] And how come, when I do a "Find files or folders" lookup for "runsearch',
it finds nothing?!!

Thanks,
greywoulf