-=PCTechTalk=- printer or modem? problem

  • From: "nightsneak" <nightsneak@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:38:03 -0400

I don't have time to trouble-shoot this problem, and I hope someone can give
me a quick answer.

I need to print out 29 copies of 2 different things of several pages, and I
am having a problem when I access the internet, via IE v5.5. I can print
fine from Word, (most of the time--see below), adobe, OE, but anytime I tell
it to print from a web page it tells me to check my ports, as something
ain't right. IE is set to print from the same, and only printer I have
installed on here at present.

The only differences that I can possibly conceive as being the problem....

I have just moved into a new place. My phone lines are not set up yet where
they need to be for modem access to my computer, well partly anyway. I have
the DRP (Distinctive Ring Pattern) set up to receive the faxes connected to
my computer, and that works fine. I don't have the phone itself that I
normally plug into my fax line and computer hooked up yet. Could the modem
have something to do with it? I am actually on Cable internet access, so I
don't even access the internet from my phone line, but maybe I need to, to
be able to send to the printer???

Also, when I went to print this new copy-pasted Word doc, it told me the
same dang thing this time...wrong ports! I opened Word again, and it printed
the doc...sheesh....

Don't tell me that I have another 'INTERMITTENT" problem, I will scream!

nightsneak