-=PCTechTalk=- pop-up/adware problem - won't go away

  • From: "Col een" <coliope@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:26:52 -0400

Hi,
When I got up the other morning and "woke up" the pc, there were 18 of these
windows on screen.

http://www.colliope.com/holdingbin/problem_10_4_04.jpg<http://www.colliope.com/holdingbin/problem_10_4_04.jpg>

 They have been popping up every few minutes since then, even if I don't have
my browser open. (I've got a cable modem/always-on connection.)
Nortons isn't picking up any virus, and AdWare & Spybot aren't finding this
either.
The text in the popup window makes it sound like info from my computer is being
sent somewhere and that's kind of scary, but maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Anyone know what this is and how I get rid of it?
Thankyou,

Coleen