-=PCTechTalk=- offtopic, hero, grandmother in tornado

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 18:12:12 -0400

Hi,

I could not resist telling this story.  We are hearing stories about the
EF3-EF4 tornado that his our local town in VA.  There were actually "8"
tornado''s in the area around the same times, 2 touched down in this town.
It is a miracle no one died from it.  A grandmother was having a play tea
party in her sun room with her two year old grandchild when the big tornado
hit, it blew the two of them out of the house across the yard into a lake,
the house.  The grandmother told her granddaughter to hold on tight and she
was able to hold her up while in the lake, herself going under the water
long enough for someone to hear her screaming and come help them.  The
grandmother also suffered a heart attack and they were both banged up pretty
bad, mostly grandma.  The parents of the child were on a romantic get away
and came home to find this news.