-=PCTechTalk=- missing hard drive- problem solved

  • From: "Jo Ann Weaver" <hillfarm3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:18:51 -0500

I finally solved my hard drive problem. Lots of thanks to Glen for all his
help. I had an installation floppy that came with the drive, but it no longer
worked. I went to the Maxtor site, downloaded the new version, put it on a
floppy and it took care of it for me. By the way, Glen I had to format my C
disk. One of the vital Windows files was corrupted, System Restore wouldn't
work, my Restore Disk didn't work and things were really screwed up. Windows
even started saying the Recycle Bin was corrupt, so I had no choice but to
FDISK and Format my main drive. I had most of my important things backed up and
I'm really better off. I got rid of all my ISP's crappy software and adds, and
now have a clean installation with lots of room. I would never have been able
to do it without learning from all the nice folks here.
Jo Ann