-=PCTechTalk=- import outlook backup

  • From: Claudia Hebing <clhebing@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 18:46:42 -0700 (PDT)

I saved to a Cd a copy of my outlook backup files.

Since i had to reformat awhile back i lost everything and decided tonight to
import my data from the outlook backup.pst that i had saved to cd.

when i try to import i get this error message:   file access is denied.  you do
not have the permission required to access the files D:\outlook.backup.pst.

is there any way for me to retrieve this info back into outlook.   My aunt
passed away a few months ago and i had all our last emails saved and would like
to get to them.

thanks in advance for any and all help.

Claudia