-=PCTechTalk=- help with old computer

  • From: "Jo Ann W." <HILLFARM3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:54:11 -0400

I bought an old computer at a garage sale and am trying to get it fixed up for
my grandson. The only thing I know about it so far is it has a 200 CPU and is
running Windows 95. It will only boot every 4th or 5th time I try it. I'm not
sure if the floppy is working since the light doesn't flash on it while it is
booting. It didn't have a CD rom. I have put one in and it is getting power and
the tray works, but Windows doesn't see it. I would like to upgrade it to
Win98, but with the floppy and CD problems I can't yet. When it is booting, it
says no drives installed, then boots into Windows, when it does boot that is. I
have another floppy and a hard drive I could use. But if it's the motherboard
I'll have to junk it. I hardly know where to start to fix it. Could some one
help me get started?
Jo Ann