-=PCTechTalk=- cue?

  • From: "sylviavandewall" <pvdwall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:08:34 +0200

Hi Troth,
Yes you certanly lost me there. The game is SimCity and I have it saved in
'my documents'. The friend who send it to me said to use Deamon on it but I
have co clue what that is and how to use it.
I have this game already for months sitting there and was thinking of
trowing it away because I dont know how to handle it.
I have Adaptec Easy CD Creator and the only thing I ever saved on CD are
lessons from script-art I'm learning and pictures and tubes. I have
WindowsMe.
sylvia.

You need a CUE file to go with the BIN file.= If you have a CUE file from
another BIN/CUE combo, you can just open it in= NOTEPAD and change the file
name of the BIN file and resave it. Then, make= sure that CUE file is in the
same directory as the BIN file. Use NERO and= tell it to burn an IMAGE to
DISC. For file type, you change it to CUE, and= you direct it to the CUE
file.

If I've lost you, just tell me the= name of the BIN file and I'll create a
simple CUE file to go with it. Then,= you can use NERO. Some other CD
burningsoftware can do it without the CUE= file, but I think for NERO you
have to have the CUE file.

..::] Sir Troth [::..

_________________________________

MSN: SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please, no email to this= address!

_________________________________

::: Original Message by= sylviavandewall::: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:44:25
+0200||Thanks Tom and Troth for the= information. I got a BIN-file send to
meby a| friend, it's a game but I don't= know what to do with it or how to
handle it| so I can put it on a CD and play= the game.| sylvia.||| Sylvia-||
Most *.bin files are binary code= files, designed to be used by a|
particularprogram, as with AV= updates. =A0They are not designed to be| read
like text files. =A0They= generally contain information.|| Tom||
sylviavandewall= wrote:|| >=A0Hello Tom,| >=A0You explain so= understanding
what a ISO-file is. Can you tell me what a| >=A0BIN-file is, is that the=
same thing as an ISO-file??|= >=A0Sylvia......Holland.||| To unsub or change
your email= settings:| //www.freelists.org= /webpage/pctechtalk[0]|| To
access our= Archives:| http://groups.yah=
oo.com/group/PCTechTalk/messages/[0]|http://www.freelists.o=
rg/archives/pctechtalk/[0]|| For more info:| http://www.=
freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=3Dpctechtalk[0]