-=PCTechTalk=- avi and windows media player question

  • From: "Greg Gawlikowski" <gjg325@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gjg325@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:50:57 -0400

I have a quick question for all you guys.  I downloaded some south park
episodes from the web and they are all .avi format.  I thought WMP was
able to play them and it says it can play them, but when I go to open
them it opens up and tries to download a codec.  It can never download
it and I get an error and just audio and no video.  How can I fix this?
I have the latest version of WMP and windows XP if that helps.  Thanks
in advance.

Greg