-=PCTechTalk=- associations & .jpg's

  • From: "Jan Robey" <hrstreak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:09:10 -0500

Posted this problem two days & Tom said to right click on the picture & select
'Open With'. Right clicking only offers 'Open' & that opens 'Open Attachment
Warning' box offering to open or save to disk.  When I try to open I get this
message: "This file does not have an association with it for performing this
action.  Create an association in My Computer by clicking View than click
folder Options." But if I were to Save it on desktop it opens without any hints
of problems.  Naturally I don't want to save every attachment to my desktop
just to open them.
I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro version 7 for all my graphic associations.  The
.JPG's that are already in my computer open fine, as did all attachments in the
past.  But, now none of my jpg's coming in through email (Outlook Express ver
6) will open & all I get is the message above,

The title bar of the above message is: C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\7MKF3DWD\

Noticing this reminded me that I threw everything out of my temporary internet
files a week ago.  Did I throw away a folder that is necessary to open the
pictures in my email program?  If so, how can I put another one in?

I do have a sub folder "Content.IE5", & inside that folder I have 4 other
folders...one of which is titled: 7MKF3DWD.  When I opened that particular
folder there are a great many icons in there & all of them have the windows
logo on them.  Except for one.  And that one has the Jasc logo on it & it is
the one I saved to desktop & opened without any problems.

Help please!
Jan