-=PCTechTalk=- Zone alarm was Is 98 better than XP?

  • From: David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 02:11:07 -0400

I have zone alarm(free version) and it never nags me with alerts.  I
turned the alert feature off.  You may mean nagging about traffic going
out.  I set the programs I want to go out and blocked the others.  Yes,
it will nag the first time a program tries to access the net, but this is
usually a new program.  I have not tried the other two firewalls that get
mentioned here often and I am not saying Zone alarm is better, just that
you can get the alerts to a minimum.
Dave

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 20:26:09 -0500
From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re:
I'm not a big fan of Zone Alarm.  I've had it on a variety of systems and
many times it creates as many problems as it solves.  It's not rules
based,
so it's not too flexible.  The logging sucks.  The constant nagging
instead
of silently blocking the stuff you don't want to see is annoying.
 Message snipped

AOL dfwooledge    ICQ 59686911
www.geocities.com/wooledge001_/     www.mental-health-advocate.us
wooledge001@xxxxxxxx                       wooledge001_@xxxxxxxxxxx