-=PCTechTalk=- XP Musical boot failure

  • From: "recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 01:03:45 -0400

Restarted from Vista to XP Pro
Boot was very very S  L   O   W
Finally reached the Blue XP splash screen
Finally reached the point where it plays the music.

This time it played it over and over and over and over ad infinitum nauseum

Previous to this, I had copied everything from my data drive to a
separate drive and then copied it back.  I thought my XP was a clean
install without the tweaks to put stuff on the data drive, but it is
possible that I was wrong.  Would a simple copy off and then copy back
screw up the boot?  Everything went back to the same folder as it was
before the copy.

MY first step to fix it will be to simply restore the data drive from
the latest ATI image I have.  If that doesn't work, I restore XP from
the latest image.  If that doesn't work I'll go to the earliest XP image
and start all over again.  Or maybe just abandon XP and the dual boot.

Don

in the Subject.