-=PCTechTalk=- Wobbly Fonts - Outlook Express Problem

  • From: "David Morris" <dsmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 04:25:03 +0100

Can Gman or anyone else help me, please, with an odd OE problem?
I run XP Pro SP2; IE 7 and OE 6 and I send (and receive) messages in HTML. I
have the standard Windows fonts plus an extra one, which I added years ago.
I have no problem with fonts, when using Word

My sending font cannot be changed from Times New Roman ("TNR") and the font
size varies between 12 and 14. I'm not too concerned about size but I would
like to be able to use different fonts, as I have done before. I have no
problem with emboldening, italicising, underlining or changing font colour

I used to be able to obtain a font other than TLR size 12 (which I think
must be my defaults) before or (after selecting what I had typed) during
typing a message, simply by using the drop-down arrows for Font and Font
Size on the New Message page. This no longer works.

The New Message in OE opens showing TNR and either 12 or 14 - unpredictable.
Going to Format > Font, I change the font to, say, Arial size 14. Arial 14
then appears in the New Message font boxes and all seems well. But when I
type the first letter of my message (indeed if I just click on the message
page), the boxes revert to TNR 14 or 12. I can sometimes toggle between 14
and 12, just by clicking on the message page. The font itself cannot be
toggled

Can anyone suggest a solution? Yes, my quite modern PC is (so far as my
regular checks tell) clean and no virus is reported