-=PCTechTalk=- Wavs not playing in Stationery

  • From: "Lee Rhodes" <lenella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PC Tech Talk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 08:55:28 -0700

I have a friend that asked me for help last night. She said that her wavs were
not playing in the stationery she was making.  I had her send my one with a wav
in it to see if I could hear it.  I was sure she had a setting wrong in her
media player someplace.  And I never have any problems hearing any.  She just
sent it and I can not hear it. She attached it also. So I saved it in a file
and changed the path to my file...still no sound. So I went to Media player to
see if it would play in there....plays fine. I changed the name and re-inserted
it in the stat. and still won't play.  She says she sent it to some friends and
some could hear it and some couldn't. And it's not just this one wav.
    I did notice that it was not changed to the cid:  format that the files are
usually changed to when you receive the stat from someone else. Her graphics
were. Anyone have any idea to try to see what we can do to get them playing?
    I won't be answering the replies till late this afternoon as my hubby's in
the hospital and I have to go in a few minutes. Hoping to bring him home today.
Lee Rhodes  lenella@xxxxxxxxxxx