-=PCTechTalk=- WIN XP...non clickable links

  • From: "Madeleine Jacobs" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:54:23 -0600

I am not able to click on any active link in my email (OE) nor can I click on
any url shortcut on my desktop. The desktop shortcuts give me an error message
like this....
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this
action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel

Well that doesn't make any sense because then I'd have to create an association
for EVERY shortcut. I'm using Win XP Home...I have the same system on my
desktop but this XP on my laptop acts slightly different and sometimes darned
weird. How can I get my links to be clickable in my email and my url shortcuts
to work? Any ideas?

TIA
Madeleine