-=PCTechTalk=- Using 2 Computers.

  • From: "Lionel" <percy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:14:03 +1100

 Hello.   I have  now  2  computers,  The  old  one  (4 years )  and a new  one
.  The old one now has XP  Pro on it , the new  one  has  XP Home on it .    I
am on  cable  and have them both with the  same   ISP. installed  on them .  I
have the new one  connected  to  the  ISP with an external Modem.     The  USB
lead  from the  Modem to the new  computer , can I take it out of the  New
Computer and  plug it into  the  old  one   ??   The old  one  was  already
using it  before I bought the new  one.   I have  certain files  on the old
one that I want to access but  don't want to  transfer to the  new one  and
want to  be on line  sometimes  on the  old  one .    Can anyone  help me on
this   ??  I don't  want to upset  the  ISP  people .