-=PCTechTalk=- Update on Dell Computer Problems - The Final Chapter!

  • From: "Suzanne Dunlap" <sdunlap3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 14:31:29 -0400

I am happy to report that on Monday I received my replacement computer from
Dell, and it is a beauty!  It's a Model XPS 420 with two DVD drives, one for
Blue Ray (whatever that is!), and a floppy drive that I had requested in
order for me to be able to use my machine embroidery software.  It's got all
kinds of bells and whistles on it and it will take me forever to figure
everything out.  It has 3 times the space on the hard drive that my old one
had.  The only thing I don't like about it is that I had requested that they
put Windows XP on it, and it has Vista instead.  So now I have two brand new
computers with Vista - I guess I have to get serious about learning the
program!  It even has a Media Center hookup with remote - I guess you can
watch TV on it if you want to.  Maybe it was worth the 17 days of stress -
well, not really!
But I do think I earned it!
Had a little more stress today - last week we bought a wireless router and
after working all day on setting up these two computers where we wanted
them, we got out the router and tried to figure out how to hook it up.  It
said something about having to have an adaptor on our other computer, and we
didn't know what they were talking about.  I called Staples where we bought
the unit and come to find out, we were supposed to buy a USB adapter for the
other computer!  It's a shame that they couldn't tell us that when we bought
the router - now we have to go all the way back tomorrow for that.  Same
thing happened with the new printer - got home and found that the cord we
needed wasn't included.  I don't know what's wrong with these salespeople -
why don't they tell you these things and save you lots of time and gas??
I'll probably wind up having to pay someone to hook this darn thing up, too!

Sue in Bridgeport, Mi.