-=PCTechTalk=- Taskbar

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:59:26 -0600

Since we have had a lot of discussion about the Quick Launch, Task Bar, and
Notification Area, this seems an appropriate time to add a little fun.  I
picked up an old issue of PC World and found this little tip called, "Tweak
Your Taskbar".  You can add text to your taskbar by going to any out of the
way folder on your hard drive, right-click a blank spot in the folder and
select New Folder.  Name the folder with the text you want displayed.  Now
right-click an empty spot on your taskbar and select Toolbars, New Toolbar.
Choose the folder you created and click o.k.  You may want to adjust the new
toolbar's size by sliding the divider to its left.  I just put  Joyce's
Computer but I am toying with ideas such as Happy Thanksgiving, Merry
Christmas, Happy New Year, or maybe John 3:16.  The possibilities are
endless and I suppose limited only by the space available on your task bar.
Joyce