-=PCTechTalk=- Shortcut to Shared Drive - G man

  • From: "Rick Silversmet" <union865@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 18:01:55 -0500

   Thanks G man, it works prefectly.

-----Original Message-----
From: pctechtalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pctechtalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of GuitarMan
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 5:24 PM
To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Shortcut to Shared Drive

Rick,
    Go into the My Network folder and locate the folder where you'd like the
shortcuts to go.  Size the window so that you can see at least a part of
your Desktop and use the right mouse button (left button for left-handed
mice) to drag the folder over to the Desktop.  When you let go, choose
"Create a shortcut to ..." from the context menu that opens.  Close the open
window.

    Next, open up Windows Explorer and make your way to the
C:\Windows\SendTo folder.  Size the window so you can see the new shortcut
you just made.  Next, right drag (or left drag for lefties) the shortcut
into this folder and choose "Move" from the context menu that opens.
Finally, rename the shortcut so that you'll always know exactly what it is.
As a suggestion, call it something like "computername's extra storage" or
"Ann's Archive folder" (computername is the name given to the other
networked computer and Ann may or may not be your wife's name while it may
or may not be her computer you're looking to use for the extra storage.
lol).  Close the open window.

    From that point on (as long as the destination folder isn't moved or
renamed), your Send To menu will include that network folder as a possible
destination.

Peace,
G Man

PCTechTalk Owner