-=PCTechTalk=- Saving to floppies

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:44:17 -0600

I have been trying to help my daughter-in-law (long distance) to burn
pictures to a CD.  My son says he has a Read Only CDROM and I thought he was
surely mistaken but maybe not.  I suggested they download Belarc and see
just exactly what is on their computer.  In the meantime Pam decided to save
her pictures to floppies.  I experimented here at home and it looked like a
floppy would hold two pictures and then say it was full and to put in
another floppy.  I checked to see if the pictures were there and they were
but forgot to check both pictures.  Would a floppy copy only 1/2 a picture
if it filled up trying to hold the second picture?  I have formatted all the
trial floppies so can't go back there and look.
I also told Pam about putting a shortcut of her A drive on the desk top so
it was easy to use and drop her folder of pictures in that way.  I learned
that on this forum and I think it was from Vic (Vic's tips and tricks)
Don't see him around anymore but he had lots of information especially about
the registry.
Sorry I have rambled on!  My question is:  if it appears to have two
pictures on the floppy, is the second one likely to be incomplete.
Joyce