-=PCTechTalk=- Resizing Windows so they stay small

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:04:43 -0700

Somebody on this list wanted to resize Windows so when they
click on a link the window stays small and doesn't maximize.  I
looked all over for the answer for them but couldn't find one.

But you can do this if you open a Window, click on a link in
that window then resize the link window down to the size you
want and exit out.

Then resize your first window down by clicking on the box to go
smaller by the upper right X , the next time you open IE -- it
should be the size you want (meaning smaller).

Now here is the only thing -- you must always remember if you
maximize your window -- then it will go back to full size so the
remedy is to always click on the two boxes first before exiting
out.

I found this even works when I click on a link in OE.

Judith