-=PCTechTalk=- Re: urgent problem with OE email

  • From: "poppy0206" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:41:57 -0400

Hi,

I have a time important problem.  I am signing up for an online class at
Virginia Tech.  It starts this Monday.  I am having to register online and
fill out admission forms and all.  I had to create a PID number which
enables me to use their email box.  It did not let me in when I tried to use
it.  Then I looked up some stuff on the site about email and read the
following..

http://www.answers.vt.edu/ask4help/email/vtkb875.htm

about changing my outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server if I am not using Virginia
tech's ISP's located in the Blacksburg area.  I am using Cox ISP which I did
not see listed on their local list.  If I try to configure the way they are
telling me to will it mess up my regular email?  I hate to mess with those
settings not knowing.
thanks
christy