-=PCTechTalk=- Re: trouble with .avi's

  • From: John <JMPerry3okc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:21:50 -0500

Chris,

I think your problem is that the video clips require the DivX 5.0
codec.  I had the exact same problem, and getting the upgraded codec
cured it.  The codec does not come with Windows Media Player, so your
version (or your OS) is not the problem.  You can get the codec at
http://www.divx.com .  There is a paid version, or you can download a
free version with Gator (which is super adware).  Read these articles
before you download (the second URL will wrap):

http://www.aluminumstudios.com/spyware/#divxpro

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=f0f8bd20990a7435f00e58dde8d8e8cf&threadid=19583

Hope that helps,
John