-=PCTechTalk=- Re: save as in IE6?

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:29:57 -0700 (PDT)

Glo, Mil, and others,
Yes this works in Me also.  Click File in IE, click Save As in the drop down
menu, another smaller widow will open.  Toward the bottom there are three
places that already have thinngs in them.  You can type something else in the
top on, it is the name of whatever page you are trying to save.  The next two
have a little down arrow after the words in the boxes.  Click on the arrow next
to the box labeled Save as type:.  Several options will drop down.  Click on
Web Archive, single file (*.mht).  Then click on the Save button to the right.

Mil,  when you try to save web pages and you get the message that it cannot be
saved to that location, that location is whatever is in the line at the top of
the Save as window.  To change it look at the big box below that and you can
click on things to move around d on your hard drive and select a place to save
things.  For instance you may save in My Documents. instead of whatever in in
the line above.  Hope this is clear.
Dave

 ------------------------------
From: "Glo" <redowl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: save as in IE6?
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 14:49:55 -0700

Chris wrote: I always save wanted web pages as .mht (it's in the save as
dialogue)
This will embed the pictures and text into one file and saves you having
lots of folders and files for every web page you save.
My question is: is this .mht available in W-ME or are we only talking about
XP?  I have ME and can't find that in my 'save as' dialogue. Thanks ~Glo

---