-=PCTechTalk=- Re: pctechtalk SIS Video accelerator

  • From: "jo" <jo.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:36:11 -0700

i've been stuck with 16 colours for a while now and none of my photo
apps work.

my handbook says nothing at all about an accelerator and ive looked
inside [being more h/w than s/w] but can't see anything that is not
illustrated in the h/b.

this wording [or something like it] is the first thing to flashup on the
screen on bootup
"sis pci true color".
then comes the bootup header and bios warning, so it must be just before
or just after win loading [to fast for me to be sure] that i can
sometimes see, if the page hesitation allows,
-auxilliary device port - s/w multiple for dynamic resolution is -
'off' -
belarc tells me that i have -
- sis graphics and video accelerator - 4mb video memory [shared mem bios
ver.1.04 12-08-97] - support vesa bios ext. ver.2.0.

i've downloaded several drivers from the sis page that i hoped were a
match and put them into win sys to no avail.

Can anyone add to the identity of my accelerator and advise how to
obtain and install drivers for it; i'm sure 'lost drivers' are my
problem.

this accelerator doesnot show in device manager and none of my attempts
to force it in 'add h/w' have been successful.

my os is w98

any help gratefully received - jo