-=PCTechTalk=- Re: offtopic Tornado

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:44:57 -0400

Hi Don,

I am ok, my mom's place is 5-10 miles from the destruction.  She is ok
though.  They are still assessing damage and looking for people that may be
trapped in the heap of
cars/metal, cars are squashed and piled on top of one another, buildings
destroyed, power lines down.  They are trying to fix powerlines now and look
for any casualities or people hurt.  It just did miss one of our hospitals,
blew out a window or two in it.  So far 200+ injured, a small town
demolished, and one died but of natural causes.. I think a few are critical
not sure.  they are asking for donations to go to Red Cross and places for
pets to stay and all, lots of the roads are closed for now and people cannot
go to see yet what damage they have in their homes.  Some folks sent in cell
phone pictures of this thing, looked unbelievable, they say it was an F3-F4
closer to an F4 and that we have not had one anywhere near this area since
1979 which was actually about an hour and 1/2 from here then.

Christine