-=PCTechTalk=- Re: -=not enough memory win ME

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:41:35 -0500

he can buy a winXP upgrade cd - assuming he has his winME
disk of some sort. It will just ask to put the cd in to
verify that he has it. Even an old win98 cd should work.
I don't know anything about re-formating or cleaning the
hard drive.
Win ME just uses resources and doesn't give them back
without a re-boot.
I'm not positive why mine wouldn't defrag either - I thought
it was maybe because of the room on the hard drive -but it
might have just been a winME quirk.
Cris