-=PCTechTalk=- Re: new RAM question

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:23:18 -0400

Cristy,
    Adding RAM will in no way affect the amount of total hard drive space at
all.  what it may affect is the size of your paging file (called the
swapfile in earlier versions of Windows).  Windows controls the size of the
paging file by default and it will most likely want to increase the size of
the file when it detects a larger amount of RAM on the mainboard.  This will
then adversely affect the amount of free space remaining on the hard drive.
You can avoid this only by manually taking over control of the paging file's
size from Windows, which you and I were just discussing in the previous
thread.        :O)

Our food supply is tainted
http://tinyurl.com/2j5ogt

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"