-=PCTechTalk=- Re: many thanks Rose

  • From: "jo" <jo.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 09:01:41 +0100

dear Rose - you are 3 or 4 steps ahead of me [ i don't have the space to be too
elaborate] but i have space enough to copy your
system for the future !
i had a similar hardware problem.  not to be too technical, it was a power
supply insufficiency.  a higher wattage p-s did the
trick.
cheers jo
From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: AAAhhhhh I don't believe it!!!
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:23:29 -0700

I am sorry about the reformat and loss of data incident.  I think many of us
have either experienced it..or know someone who has.
The loss can be depressing...  [snip]
I just got my computer back from the shop after THREE WEEKS!  It ended up that
the 1 gb of ram (two matching 512 mb chips went bad
when the 2 gb of ram (2 matching 1 MB chips were put into the machine)  For
some reason the machine would not even power on for over
a second with the bad ram in it.  I am NOT a hardware person, so I was at a
loss.  Now, I have my puter back
with my 3 gb of ram working and I am a happy camper.  I dreaded the thought of
a reformat and told them if they had to do it, to
call me and I would come to the shop and do it myself to make sure they did not
reformat the entire hard drive.  They 'said' they
would .....lol!  Luckily it did not happen.)
Again, feedback about all this would be most helpful.
Rose  Las Vegas