-=PCTechTalk=- Re: looking for music d/l site

  • From: "Steve Aiello" <pilotcar_1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:52:19 -0400

Christy I have 3 that I like and use.
1) MusicMatch  .99 p/s.  This site will burn cds also.  Better off buying the
newest version and get the lifetime updates, it's cheaper in the long run. This
site also allows you to sample song before you buy them.

2) Walmart .88 p/s Songs downloaded from this site will work with any player.
Also allows you to sample song before buying. the only thing you pay for here
is the songs you d/l

3) MSN Music .99 p/s songs will play on any player. Allows you to sample songs.
I have it as part of MSN9.

4) Rhapsody -  To d/l music from this site you have to pay the 10.00 p/m fee
PLUS a down load fee ( .99 ). I I use the free version as it allows me to
listen to 25 p/m. You can not d/l them.  I believe they stream.  One of the
biggest problems with this is if you pay the monthly fee + your down load fee,
the songs will only play on the Rhapsody player.  If for any reason you
terminate the service you loose all the songs.  Least I have not found a way to
move them to another player.

I have checked out both YAHOO Music and Napster.  These appear to be the same
as Rhapsody. Pay the fee but down loaded songs will only play with there player.

Helps this helps you .

Steve