-=PCTechTalk=- Re: gee it's lovely

  • From: "James macmillan" <james711@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:39:36 +1000

well hate to confess to this , but, one night out of interest went to a
well? a naughty site, it took over my modem, and started dialling out to an
expensive 1900 no where the call costs are credited to the highjacker, never
again but Spam is inevitable
in Australia, young family members ,sons etc visiting these sites rack up
enormous phone bills for their parents, and when the phone bill comes in all
hell let,s loose and there is no sympathy from the phone company, I have
abar on all 1900's numbers on my phone account,which are costed by the
minute back to the party you are calling,  give you an example, bought a new
fridge, warranty said dial 1900 and so on, and we will extend your warranty,
which I did, cost $3 and the warranty was extended, that's okay used
intelligently but young kids look out  James