-=PCTechTalk=- Re: free anti-virus download?

  • From: "Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr." <rdulaneyjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:59:57 -0800 (PST)

There are several good free anti-viruses out there I use AVAST! on this
computer and I use AVG on my laptop
  there are also several good scanners on line my favorite being Trend Micro's
Housecall, I use it weekly.  It has never discovered anything AVAST has not
however it has found a few that AVG did not get.

  In case you are not aware there are a few other programs one might want to
considering installing and they include Spybot, AdWare, SpywareBlaster, Ewindo
and or A-Squared

  with all the above insure you meet the requirements prior to installing and
once installed update and run them vigilantly
  As far as the toolbar at the bottom of the screen you talk about, can you
give us some more information on it and what you have done so far to remove it.

  I hope this helps

  Bob

The Phillips Family <phillips1129@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Is there such a thing
as a good anti-virus program that is free for download? Does anyone know where
one might be found?
Also, I had downloaded some website backgrounds and somehow ended up getting
this extra junk on my computer. I have deleted as much as I can, but I still
have a toolbar at the bottom of my screen that I cannot get rid of. Anyone know
how I might be able to get rid of this?

Thanks for your help and suggestions,
Suzanne

Don't assist the spammers!
Please delete my name and e-dress before forwarding this e-mail to anyone.
Thank you I appreciate your compliance

Yahoo! Photos