-=PCTechTalk=- Re: e-mail - filter

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:47:25 -0800

Hi Cris
Do you have any web space were you could upload it to for her to download it
from?

I have a few groups that I own and use them for storage of files I wish to
share with people or upload files to that people need that may be too large
for email.

The porn Spammers know how to get through filters:<(

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

On 06/02/2004 at 7:29 PM cris wrote:

I am trying to send an animation to a friend. (she asked me to send it to
her)
It is sort of X rated - but not really.
I keep getting it back saying it can't be sent due to content.
I have changed the name of the picture several times. I've tried inserting
it,
attaching it, zipping it. And it keeps being returned to me.
She claims she has no filters, and receives porn spam often. this is not the
first time I've had things returned from her server. I sent this picture
out to
others without a problem. I think her server does have a filter - but how
can
they determine from a picture/animation that it is questionable? I've
removed
all words from the e-mails, added different subjects and text or left them
blank! I've sent her dozens of communication e-mails today without one being
returned to me. the computer is in her home.
does anyone have any other suggestions? She doesn't have any messenger
services -
I'm just really curious about this now!!
Cris