-=PCTechTalk=- Re: defrag question

  • From: Disastar <disastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 00:54:06 -0500

Oh yeah, I absolutely love Raxco PerfectDisk.  I don't let it run in the
background, I just run it manually every couple of weeks.  Well, its set to
run when ScreenSaver is active also.  When I run it manually I have it do an
Offline pass which runs during next reboot.  It consolidates folders and
cleans up system files that it can't do with Windows running.  It runs
really quick after the very first time where it takes awhile defragging the
Windows swap file.  Its amazing that chkdsk is like 3 times faster after
running the Offline pass.  Awesome!

Ed