-=PCTechTalk=- Re: curious dat files?

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:01:01 -0500

Does the person that sent them to you use a MAC instead of a PC?  If so, it
could be the way the pictures were processed and emailed.  I've seen the
problem before but forget the cause, and it is not every time or every
person that uses a MAC to send pics.

How large are the files?  Did you try to open one?  maybe in Notepad?  Did
you try changing the .dat to .jpg (or what ever extension the picture is
supposed to be)?

Don