-=PCTechTalk=- Re: audacity program question, recording from tape to computer

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:25:57 -0400

Hi Gman,

The pics are uploaded now.  I was just wanting to give view a quick view of
some of what I had been looking at.  The drop down menu on the left panel
was messing with my head alot.  I also snapped a dropdown menu from
preferences, just three basic shots.

I am feeling a bit more comfortable that I have found so much info
(tutorials) and all for the program.  I even found a manual that I
downloaded and would send you a copy if you like.  It is a .pdf file.

I had a question in my mind today about how to cut up my long file easily if
I did not need to rework each song separately and stumbled onto a question
in a forum of a girl with the same question..seems there could be a way.  If
you like I can send her question, I think I found a possible answer for her
in my searching on google.

"have a fairly big project --- transferring music on audio tapes to
CDs.Ideally I hope to get CDs which give user control to access any audio
track on the CD rather than have one large recording for each side of an
audio tape and have to search around

I have discovered the multiple save feature which gives separate tracks (and
auto naming -- track 1, track2, etc) which is going to help a lot BUT to use
this I first need to set up the label markers , at the points where one
audio tape track moves to next one. With lots of tapes this is going to be
time consuming .

Any one know if it can be automated ?"

Thanks

"The key issue for me is dividing up the larger edited file into separate
tracks for burning. I'm a complete novce in using Audacity but I thought
there might be a quick way of detecting where the spaces between tracks are
located and insert a marker at that point and then use multiple save to
provide automatic separation and naming .I would still like to know if this
is possible or impossible (in which case I'll have to proceed manually)"

http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Splitting_recordings_into_separate_tracks#Gapless_burning

Above is a link I found that could be helpful for this.

Christine