-=PCTechTalk=- Re: XP OS malfunctions

  • From: EddieB <fasteddieb216@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:06:39 -0400

Bob,

The Student version is neither the Retail or OEM version, but a different
version altogether with its own set of pros/cons/limitations.  Although in this
case I believe it does have the Repair option just like the Retail and OEM
versions.  What GMan was trying to say is that Dell, Gateway, HP, Compac, and
other often give you a Recovery Disc set that reformats and puts everything
back to the way the PC was when you first got it (no more, no less) instead of
a WinXP install disk that has the Repair option.  He was stressing that the
Recovery Discs often wipe out all your documents and any programs that you have
installed.

Ed