-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows failed to start (Re-cap?)

  • From: "Patti Barr" <patken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:07:25 +1200

It's a long story, one which you can see in full through the archives...

But in a nutshell....My Pc with newly installed Vista crashed (reason
unknown) and windows failed to start on boot up. The OEM installation disc
would not work so Gman started the saga of working out the problem. We were
getting there when I finally got in touch with my SIL who build the computer
(he's been out of touch in hospital) who told me to change my USB keyboard
to a PS2 one. The installation disc was read on boot-up and I was able to do
a repair which went very well. Such a simple answer to a big problem!
Gman told me "Actually, the PS2 is for the mainboard, which apparently does
not have
native support for USB devices."
I have many thanks for the help and support I receive here-- Gman in
particular is very dedicated,
Patti

HB asked
    I forget exactly what your original problem was. I was wondering if you