-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows XP - Service Pack 2

  • From: "Tempting2Taanzaa" <tempting2taanzaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:01:34 -0700

Ahha!  I didn't read the article completely...the only problems listed are that
scheduled tasks won't run when using Norton Systemworks 03....

From: "suzanne" <lailoken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Windows XP - Service Pack 2
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 07:25:14 -0500

Worried about SP2 incompatibilities?
Many of you are likely to be concerned about potential problems caused by
the installation of Windows XP SP2, and with good reason. Though the upgrade
will make your PC more secure, it definitely causes issues in some cases.
We'll be tracking the problems as they arise. But so far, the issues are
relatively minor, with more serious problems confined to a few specific
programs.

First, Microsoft has published a list of third-party applications called
Programs that behave differently in Windows XP Service Pack 2. Of the three
dozen or so apps on this list, most of them exhibit symptoms that are
irritating but not fatal. In other cases, such as Adobe LiveMotion 1.0,
Softwin BitDefender 7.2, and ScanSoft PaperPort Deluxe 8.0, the programs no
longer install and/or run. You should definitely examine the list in this
document to check for programs you may be using.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=884130&product=windowsxpsp2