-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Win 2000 Pro, opinions please

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 00:28:09 -0500

Ok, you are right. Let's put it this way. I won't go back to Win2K because
I sometimes link my lap top with my PC to transfer files, and Win2K would
attempt to make itself the administrator.  I am a single home user, but I
sometimes connect a lap top to transfer files I want to take with me on a
trip. I don't want EITHER of them making itself the admin, and I don't want
to lost the ability to plug in my GPS device or my PDA device.

At 10:34 PM 4/7/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Thanks Robert,
>But my situation is very different, since I have a single user home
>computer.
>Jo Ann
>

>When I used Win 2K, I did not give it a fair shot. I had six computers
>connected peer to peer, and everyone wanted his or her own preference of
>operating system. I used W2k, the bookkeeper used Win 95, a tech used
>W98se, and the front desk used Win ME.
>

>Would I go back to Win2K? No. Will I use Windows XP? I am planning on using
>it with my new computer-to-be, but I am waiting the SP2 patch to come out
>first. And yes, my devices work in XP Professional, but not XP Home.  (I
>wonder what the difference is? Anyone know?)
-snip-