-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Taskbar

  • From: Mauricio <mcordn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:08:49 -0700 (PDT)

Nightsneak wrote:
"Somehow", when I was recreating a shortcut to my
download
files (because I
had reconfigured the drive that my downloads were on)
on my
bottom taskbar,
I inadvertently made a new section on my taskbar that
has
the actual My
Download files on it, NOT a shortcut to it. When I
right
click to delete it,
it says that it is too big for the recycle bin, and do
really want to
delete it, cuz it will be gone, gone, gone. I am
afraid to
delete it, since
it is not a shortcut, and I just spent about 3 nights
condensing it so that
it is organized. I still see the folders in the
correct
drive, but if I
delete the taskbar listing, will it also delete the
drive
contents? Using
Win 98SE.

Answer:
My dear friend, the easiest way to correct that is by
dragging the icon out of the taskbar and leave it in
the Desktop.  After that, right click the icon and
select Create Shortcut, which you can put in the
taskbar and delete it anytime you wish.
Hope I am helping you well.