-=PCTechTalk=- Re: THE Sound Problem From Dante's Inferno Revisited

  • From: EddieB <fasteddieb216@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 22:50:05 -0400

Hmm, that is very interesting... it sounds like all the "most likely" causes
have been replaced, so you have to think outside the box now.  Ermmm, I meant
that figuratively, not physically, even though figuratively could mean
physically.  Like some kind of interference might be getting in... do you have
high voltage power lines nearby?  Or a cell tower, or radio station, or cab
company, or police, or any place that might be broadcasting some kind of
signal?  It could even be an old leaky microwave oven or wireless router.
Probably the best way to find out would be to bring it somewhere at least 5 or
10 miles away and try it.  Was Best Buy able to reproduce the problem at their
store?

If this is not the case and since you have already had all the hardware
replaced (hopefully they did replace those parts you mentioned), then the only
other thing I can think of would be some kind of software conflict.  Has the OS
been re-installed (hopefully to factory image)?  Did you install a lot of
software on the PC?  This type of problem could be a hard to figure out, but I
doubt their "factory fresh install" version of Windows could have such a
problem without a lot of people complaining.  That would mean that it is
probably caused by software that you installed.  If you never had it brought
back to factory fresh install, then it is very possible that something just got
corrupt and re-installing could fix it.  If you try this, then make sure you
have all your important data backed up first.  Trying the PC at another
location would be much easier to try first.

Ed