-=PCTechTalk=- Re: [Smilinjohn] Re: Don't do the OE update dated April 2003

  • From: "faythe&al" <rem41mag@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCtecktalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:27:26 -0500

 Yes, I use OE6. my version is 6.00.2800.1123
when I save something in email if an attachment, it opens in my docs & I have
to brose to the folder I want. If I save by R clicking on something it will
open in the last place I saved that way & I browse to the folder I want it
saved too.
I save just about all things in separate folders in my docs.
faythe

You use OExpress - 6.0? it may be a 6.0 thing - I'm not sure....

go to OExpress
Help
about microsoft outlook express
Scroll down that list - see what it says there -
the file should be listed on that list.
Cris

Cris ..
I use windows ME, so does this affect me ?
I tried to find the folder by using Exployer & search & I have no folders or
drivers that start with inetcomm.dll  ???

is there another way to look for it ?

thanks
faythe

Cris wrote>>>Okay folks, according to xxxx the dll file to fix the problems
caused by
the April security update works with Win98 and XP. Go to your Windows System
32 folder and look for the inetcomm.dll file. Check properties for what
version you have. If you have V. 6.002800.1106 you are okay. If not, meaning
you did the update, you would have OE 6.00.2800.1158. Just delete that file
and place the attached file in that same folder. Do unzip it first. LOL