-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Saving from email

  • From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 22:37:09 -0400

Spider,
    It sounds to me like the disk you have in the CD-RW drive isn't
formatted properly.  The disk must be set up for packet writing before it'll
accept files sent directly to it for burning.

    I prefer to save the attachments to my hard drive (I created a folder
just for this) and burn the entire folder when it nears the capacity of a CD
(I typically use 700MB CD blanks).  This way, I can toss out any that aren't
worth saving, clean up any that are (create subfolders using their full
description as the folder name) and organize them by type before ever
committing them to a CD.  The net result is CDs full of just one type of
file (movie files, sounds, text, MP3s, etc.) and a much more organized mess
when it comes time to finding things later.            8^)

Peace,
G Man

PCTechTalk Owner