-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Recovering lost email

  • From: "Darryl" <minoddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 02:13:55 +1000

Nah sorry , the replies from you , except for this one, had extra stuff
added to the email which made it kind of hard to read.

Any bit of advice I offer has usually been done buy me at sometime or the
other :) this reading the deleted was one of them, though I would try the
other persons suggestion first. The easiest way to find the deleted one is
by going to the search and typing *.dbx in it and make it search just C
drive, I am not sure if show all files in explorers view settings has to be
unticked or not to see the dbx's, but you will know if they dont show up
from the search.

Presuming the search went well, you should have a list of dbx files all
looking familiar as they are named how they look in OE. right click the
deleted one and go open with and tell it to use notepade, making sure that
there is no tick in the box saying use this all the time.

If you know what was in the email you lost, it will make you job of finding
it in amongst the other stuff in the text file, when you find the email in
question, copy and paste into another text editor or back into an email .

Darryl