-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Really about Ink cartridges

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:30:54 -0600

If you all can stand one more "ink cartridge" note----I have used several
"compatible ink cartridges" and have good luck with them.  Figured at first
if it messed up my printer I had saved enough money to buy a new printer.
By this time I could have bought several new printers.  I first used InkFarm
and liked them really well.  First try I ordered a genuine Epson and got
something with a rhinoceros symbol on it!  I e-mailed them and got a prompt
response saying that should not have happened and they would send the right
one which they did.  Kept the compatible one and used it first.  Told them I
had done that and it was o.k.   Then my son told me about Carrot Ink and I
used them for quite a while.  By this time I was using the compatible inks
from Ink Farm.  Carrot's compatible inks worked fine too.  Just once I had a
problem and they replaced the cartridge.  No damage to my printer ever.  I
tried MaxPatch Inks for a while and got along o.k. for quite a while then
got several that would not work.  E-mailed them and they suggested I may
have a clogged jet.  I ordered their cleaning kit and cleaned it.  it was
quite a project for me!  Anyway that worked.  I did a cost comparison on the
suppliers and found 123inkjets to be the best buy so tried them and have had
no problems at all.  I am currently using that one.  I remember a few years
ago that Hank (wonder whatever happened to him?) said he used 123inkjets.
I have an Epson Stylus Photo 825 printer and it is still working fine.  Got
it in June of 2003.  It does a good job with pictures.
Merry Christmas everyone!  And have a great New Year in 2006.
Joyce